Are you looking for the best Bitcoin casinos online? The nature of online gambling has changed a lot in the past few years, and one of the ways it has changed is through the introduction and popularization of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Luckily, there are tons of Bitcoin gambling sites that are worth looking into. In this in-depth guide, we’ll explore our top Bitcoin casinos as well as everything you need to know about gambling with crypto online.
First Look – The Best Bitcoin Casinos
- Best All-around site – Red Dog Casino
- Best bonuses – 7bit Casino
- Best for slots – BitStarz
- Best live dealers- Ignition Casino
- Best for sports betting – Bovada
The Best Crypto Casinos Reviewed
Crypto casinos are going to be quite a big trend in the world of online gambling as cryptocurrency becomes more popular in mainstream finance and investing. Check out our list of the best Bitcoin casinos of 2021!
Note: If you’re looking for a Bitcoin casino in the UK or USA, some of these websites are not registered or licensed, and your funds may not be protected. We’ll note which Bitcoin casinos on this list may not be USA or UK friendly.
Best Overall Bitcoin Casino – Red Dog Casino
- Excellent and quite generous signup bonuses for new users.
- Over 200 different games.
- Extremely secure and has SSL encryption.
- Has excellent withdrawals speed.
- Accepts players from the US.
Red Dog Casino is at the top of our list for a few different reasons. It’s extremely crypto compatible, boasts tons of games, and offers excellent signup bonuses for Bitcoin users. By using a 256-bit SSL encryption to sure the site, Red Dog Casino is one of the more secure online gambling sites out there. Customer support is always available and quite helpful, especially in the context of crypto. The mobile application for Red Dog Casino is also very user-friendly.
Cons: Unfortunately, Red Dog Casino lacks live games. It’s also a very new site with the potential for ongoing problems. Some reviewers have complained about the $150 withdrawal minimum as well.
Best Casino for Variety of Cryptocurrencies – 7bit Casino
- Has been established and trusted for quite some time.
- Offers excellent security and safety protocols.
- Over 4,000 Bitcoin-specific games are available.
- Offers generous signup or welcome bonuses.
- The platform’s games have been proven to be fair.
This well-known online casino is an excellent choice if you love signup bonuses. Specifically, 7bit Casino offers 1.5 BTC bonuses to new users in addition to free spins. Users can take advantage of receiving up to 100% of a bonus on their very first crypto deposit, as well as descending bonuses thereafter for additional deposits. Players can use a variety of different cryptocurrencies to gamble on 7bit in addition to traditional currency. There is also no wait time for crypto deposit confirmations, which can make the process much faster and smoother.
Cons: Unfortunately, players located in the US and UK are not allowed to gamble on 7bit Casino, as it is only regulated under Antillephone. Some online reviewers have also complained about customer service issues and possible scams.
Popular Bitcoin Casino for Slots – BitStarz
- An extremely popular online casino that focuses on Bitcoin and crypto.
- Is proven to be a fair business and is regulated by Curacao.
- Over 3,000 games available.
- Accepts a variety of fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies outside of Bitcoin, including Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Dogecoin.
- Top-notch customer support via social accounts, online chat functions, and email.
BitStarz is a great choice for new and old online casino aficionados. This platform is unique in that the individuals that run the business genuinely put effort into customer support. If you happen to find a complaint or issue on an obscure gambling forum, chances are a rep from BitStarz will have replied and attempted to troubleshoot the problem. Sometimes, it can be difficult to find a casino that steps up to the plate, and BitStarz definitely does that.
Cons: Unfortunately, BitStarz lacks a sportsbook and isn’t an ideal choice for betting on sports events. Some online reviewers have also complained about the platform’s lack of effective customer support.
Best Bitcoin Casino for Live Dealers – Ignition Casino
- Offers free Bitcoin transactions.
- Weekly prize pools over $2,000,000.
- Over 280 games available.
- Live feeds are dependable.
- Offers a number of traditional table games.
One of the most popular online casinos in the United States, Ignition casino accepts Bitcoin in addition to traditional currency. This casino is particularly excellent for live games, especially poker, as there are always a few thousand players online at any given time. Users can also enjoy poker tournaments and a variety of unique poker games. With over $2,000,000 in the site’s pool, there are plenty of opportunities to win with Ignition casino.
Cons: The traditional table games offered are limited when compared to other online casinos. Just as well, some online reviewers have noted that the platform tends to bait new users with an intro bonuses that don’t kick in very easily.
Best Bitcoin Casino for Sports Betting – Bovada
- Offers free Bitcoin transactions.
- Over 20 different sports included.
- Reliable and trustworthy payouts.
- Serves as a hybrid of a traditional online casino and sports betting website.
- Crypto withdrawals are dependable and speedy.
If you love betting on sports, this Bitcoin casino is the spot for you. This highly established casino is very popular in the US for sports betting. In fact, Bovada is one of the first sports books to actually accept Bitcoin bets. There are so many sports to choose from and tons of in-play betting options complete with live streaming capabilities.
Cons: Bovada is notorious for not getting their lines out faster, but this is a bit of a nitpick. Some reviewers have noted concerns about authenticity and connectivity problems.
More Bitcoin Gambling Sites that Didn’t Make the Top 5:
6. Cafe Casino
- Offers very generous deposit bonuses for new and existing users.
- Boasts an aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-navigate website layout.
- Pays out very quickly compared to other online Bitcoin casinos.
- Extremely secure website.
- Has fairly limited banking options outside of cryptocurrencies.
7. Mbit Casino
- Regulated by the government of Curacao.
- Offers unique anonymous betting.
- Offers a wide range of games and live dealers.
- Doesn’t currently offer any type of sports betting.
- Is restricted in the US and UK.
- Licensed under the government of Curacao.
- Offers a wide variety of Bitcoin games, from slots to roulette to blackjack to live games.
- Offers live sports betting in all major leagues as well as esports betting.
- Bitcoin withdrawals and deposits can take a bit of time in some cases.
- Is restricted in the US for sports betting, but not the casino portion of the site.
- $0 transaction fee for Bitcoin users.
- Excellent design that is easy on the eyes.
- Over a hundred different real-time gaming options.
- The platform is safe in terms of online and network security.
- Some online reviews have noted issues with scamming and a lack of proof of legitimacy.
10. Las Atlantis
- $0 transaction fee for Bitcoin users.
- Over 250 different slot games.
- Top-notch VIP program for regular dedicated players.
- Safe and secure for players.
- Payout limits are restricted to only $2,500 until the player reaches VIP status.
- Offers a ton of different ongoing Bitcoin/cryptocurrency bonuses.
- Over 250 available slot machine games.
- Excellent VIP program available.
- Accepts US players.
- Withdrawals can take a bit to receive, although Bitcoin payouts tend to only take one full day.
12. Wild Casino
- Offers unique rewards specifically for Bitcoin users.
- Offers live games.
- Beautiful graphics and user-friendly gameplay, especially for users who are transitioning from traditional casinos to online gambling.
- Licensed by the Panama Gaming Authority.
- The mobile application runs on outdated Flash.
- Offers a number of Bitcoin slots.
- Offers an excellent user-friendly mobile application.
- Is themed after Ancient Rome and is aesthetically pleasing.
- Isn’t a Bitcoin-specific casino and the volume of Bitcoin-specific slots available aren’t as plentiful as other sites.
- Can lack in terms of digital wallets and cryptocurrencies available.
- Makes it very simple and easy to deposit Bitcoin.
- Is one of the most reputable cryptocurrency casinos online today.
- Offers a top-notch sports book.
- Offers over 200 casino games.
- The platform has a history of poor customer service and some safety concerns.
Ranking Methodology for Bitcoin Gambling Sites
For each Bitcoin online casino we cover in this guide, we have put the casino in question through a specific ranking methodology. Specifically, we consider the following when it comes to ranking our top crypto casinos:
- Bitcoin compatibility (Specifically, how compatible and easy to use Bitcoin actually is in-game.)
- Bonuses available with Bitcoin
- Games availability and volume
- Security, registration, licensing, and reputation
- Deposit and withdrawal options
No two crypto casinos are identical. There are many out there, but few are worth considering in the grand scheme of Bitcoin gambling. The following list includes our top picks for Bitcoin casinos online with the above criteria in mind.
Guide to Bitcoin Gambling and Casino Sites
The above-listed Bitcoin casino sites are the best of the best. We’d even recommend giving each a try if you are able. However, if you want to make an even more informed decision about which Bitcoin online casinos to invest your time and crypto in, try following this in-depth guide below.
Why should I use the Bitcoin payment system in online casinos?
A better question would be “Why not?” Bitcoin is easy to use, easy to deposit, and easy to withdraw in most cases. In general, though, there are two big reasons why you should use Bitcoin as your payment method for online casinos:
- If you already have a digital wallet but few options for spending, an online casino that accepts crypto can help you grow your wealth. (With notable risks, of course.)
- There is a level of anonymity that traditional payment methods can’t offer.
To put it simply, the cryptology behind Bitcoin ensures that all Bitcoin users can enjoy anonymity on their terms. With that security in mind, you can enjoy even more security when you consider online casinos with hefty safety and privacy measures. The chances of dealing with scams are quite slim when using crypto on a safe casino server.
What are the benefits?
- Excellent privacy for both the casino owner and player, as no additional entity is able to see your personal information.
- No chargebacks typically found with credit cards.
- Can offer a currency option for citizens of countries who have not legalized fiat gambling.
- Deposits and withdrawals are usually instant or quite fast.
- Bitcoin is not subject to tax in a majority of countries.
- There are few fees involved unless enforced by the online casino of your choice. At the very least, there are no banking fees with Bitcoin.
- Transactions are anonymous.
What are the cons?
- Bitcoin casinos are not legally required to have a license for certain jurisdictions, meaning your money could be at risk when using the website.
- Bitcoin can be volatile as a currency.
- In some cases, bitcoin withdrawals can take a long time due to certain manual website security processes.
- If you aren’t used to purchasing cryptocurrency, you may have to endure a bit of a learning curve, which we’ll cover later on in this guide for your convenience.
What are the fees when using Bitcoin as a deposit method?
If you want to enjoy a Bitcoin casino free of charge, you have some options. Online casino Bitcoin fees vary from casino to casino. However, the best online casinos will offer the option to deposit and withdraw Bitcoin for free. There are no banking fees associated with Bitcoin. Just as well, some online casinos offer a speedy withdrawal option for an additional fee, usually under $5.
Can I receive casino bonuses with Bitcoin?
Absolutely! In fact, this is becoming a trend as more online casinos adopt Bitcoin. Because cryptocurrency is much simpler than fiat, online casinos benefit quite a bit from allowing users to gamble with it. As a result, some online casinos will offer first-time signup incentives for Bitcoin gamblers, such as free spins, a percentage bonus, etc. Your bitcoin casino of choice may offer ongoing casino bonuses for all forms of currency, with some platforms offering specific bonuses for Bitcoin gamblers.
How to use Bitcoin Casino sites
Before you start playing your cards at a BTC casino, it helps to understand the basics of how to get and use cryptocurrencies like BTC.
Buying Bitcoin is fairly simple. To start, you will need to have a Bitcoin wallet. Copay, Coinbase, and LibertyX are excellent options. A good Bitcoin wallet will work on a majority of platforms and any platform that accepts cryptocurrency. Simply make an account with these digital wallets and you’ll be walked through the process from beginning to end. After you have verified your email address and mobile device, you’ll be able to order your Bitcoins. Different wallets will have different instructions to purchase Bitcoin.
Once you’ve found your online casino of choice that accepts Bitcoin, it’s usually as simple as noting your Bitcoin address provided by your digital wallet to begin depositing and withdrawing Bitcoin to gamble.
How to make a deposit with Bitcoin in a casino?
The depositing process is quite simple. All you will need to do for a majority of online cryptocurrency casinos is to click on the Deposits page of the casino. Click on the Bitcoin option, and you will be provided with instructions for depositing Bitcoin into your casino account.
What is the maximum amount I can deposit with Bitcoin?
This will always depend on the online casino of your choosing. Many casinos will cap Bitcoin deposits at $50,000, while others will have even higher limits. In general, you won’t have to worry about not being able to gamble with much on a cryptocurrency gambling site. Some casinos will also offer VIP privileges to regular players with no deposit cap.
Can I withdraw from online casinos using Bitcoin?
Yes, in a majority of cases. Withdrawing crypto winnings from an online casino account is virtually no different than withdrawing traditional currency winnings. In most scenarios, you simply need to navigate to the Withdrawals section of your online casino and select Bitcoin as your withdrawal method. Input the amount you want to withdraw and verify your digital wallet address or number. Typically, you’ll receive your Bitcoin withdrawals much faster than traditional withdrawals.
Keep in mind that some casinos will only offer crypto as a deposit option.
Can I deposit with Bitcoin and use another banking method for withdrawals?
In many cases, yes. You can cash out Bitcoin for traditional currency in many online casinos by selling your Bitcoin for cash, which you can then send to your bank account. Keep in mind that many online casinos, especially those that aren’t extremely crypto-friendly, will not provide this service. Many online casinos that promote their use of Bitcoin will charge a fee for selling Bitcoin for the purpose of depositing cash.
Is it safe and legal to use my Bitcoin for my casino account?
US casinos are not allowed to accept Bitcoin payments in a majority of states. However, there are no laws or regulations in the US that restrict US citizens from using cryptocurrency at non-US online casinos. If you are gambling on a non-US website that is regulated by a central authority and accepts Bitcoin, you are good to go.
The US and UK have similar laws when it comes to gambling. In the US, if you choose to gamble on a site that is run and registered in the following states, you may be at risk for legal intervention on a federal level:
- South Carolina
In the UK, online gambling is considered legal but must be regulated and approved on a casino-by-casino basis by the Gambling Commission. In the UK, online gambling includes poker, sports betting, bingo, and any type of lottery-style game.
When in doubt, do research about your state or country’s gambling laws.
When it comes to safety and legality in the context of online casino reputation, you have options for keeping your Bitcoin safe. When push comes to shove, your best bet to ensure that your free Bitcoin casino of choice is safe and legal is to investigate reviews of the casino beforehand. Bitcoin casino reviews are extremely helpful in discovering any shady dealings that a Bitcoin live casino might be involved in. Just as well, there are many review aggregate sites out there that are specifically dedicated to reviewing online casinos.
Bitcoin Casinos in Conclusion
Overall, we recommend Red Dog Casino, 7bit Casino, BitStarz, Ignition Casino, and Bovada as our top choices for online Bitcoin gambling sites. As a general rule of thumb, it is always recommended to do your own research on a gambling platform before making an account. It’s vital to ensure that a particular Bitcoin casino is registered and licensed to ensure that your crypto is safe on the platform. Just as well, some casinos may not be legal for UK or US residents to bet on. When in doubt, double-check the online reviews! Happy gambling!
How was our guide to online gambling sites that accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Tell us which Bitcoin casino is your personal favorite and what your experience gambling with Bitcoin has been like in the comments below.